I am Kyla Kirksey. I teach middle school Health and Physical Education at GMS. This is my fourth year teaching and I am passionate about Physical Education and Health. I believe they are two of the most important classes at GMS. After school, you can typically find me on the cross country course or at the track, coaching the Bulldog Cross Country and Track & Field teams.
I graduated from Northwest Missouri State University with a Bachelors of Science in Physical Education and Health. In 2016, I began my Masters at the University of Central Missouri in Sport Management.
Physical Education and Health are needed to increase the physical competence, health competence, health-related fitness, responsibility and enjoyment of physical activity for all students so that they can be physically active for a lifetime. Physical Education and Health are vital in keeping a person healthy for life.
My goals for students:
- Develop an appreciation of how they function physically, mentally and socially so that they will be able to maintain and improve their quality of life.
- Improve their ability to make proper decisions concerning matters that affect their overall health and wellness.
- Improve their critical thinking, particularly in areas affecting your personal wellness.
- Be encouraged to use their knowledge and talents to help others in our society and be an advocate for health and physical fitness.
- Develop teamwork, sportsmanship, cooperation and self-esteem.
- Establish lifelong fitness goals.
- Value physical activity and health, as well as it's contribution to a lifelong healthy lifestyle.
Check out what we're up to in class on Twitter - @Ms_KirkseyGMS