Band Handbook 2020-2021
We would like to welcome you to the Grandview Middle School Band program. We are very excited about the upcoming school year and the great things in store for the Grandview Middle School Bands!
Written Assignments/Daily Preparation:
- Students will earn points for assignments in Canvas and in person learning.
- Students will earn points if they have their instrument, their materials, and are actively engaged in the rehearsal process.
- Students will earn points based on the quality of their playing assignment done in a recording or in person.
- When we are able to have concerts again, students will earn their points if they have all of their materials, their instrument, and themselves at the performance. Students are required to stay for the entire concert. A calendar of performance dates will be provided at an appropriate time.
Band Virtual Norms
- Students will log into Canvas/Zoom during their scheduled time and actively participate in classwork.
- Students are to be on time for class for Zoom meetings and activities.
- Students need to have their video on and their microphone muted unless directed otherwise.
- All Zoom meetings will be recorded and available to administration. Present yourself professionally.
- Be respectful and kind.
- Have fun!!
Contact Information For Your Directors
- Mr. Callahan: 816-316-5691 - Grandview Middle School, Grandview High School
- Mr. Jakes: 816-316-5816 - Grandview High School, Grandview Middle School
- Mr. Cartee: 816-316-5713 - Martin City Middle School
- Mr. Dodd: 816-316-5784 - Martin City Middle School, Grandview High School
Email: email@example.com , firstname.lastname@example.org , email@example.com , firstname.lastname@example.org